CHURCH SCHOOL OF SAINT SAVA CATHEDRAL IN NEW YORK
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, children of Saint Sava,
In great spiritual joy and gratitude to God for the mercy and gifts He gives us, I would like to inform you that the Church School of Saint Sava Cathedral is going to officially begin its work this Sunday, October 17th, 2021.
I kindly ask and invite all parents with children who have attended our school so far, as well as all those who will join us this year or are interested in getting acquainted with the school program, to come this week to the Divine Liturgy, which begins at 10:00 AM at Greek Church of Saint Eleftherios (359 W 24th Street, New York, NY 10011).
His Grace, Bishop of Eastern America, Kyr Irinej, will serve the Liturgy. On that occasion, he will bless children, parents, and teachers at the beginning of the school year and send his archpastoral address to all of us.
We will have the honor and joy to be introduced to the program of Serbian language classes and Serbian culture and tradition by a professor of literature and writer – Aleksandra Mihajlovic, a member of the teaching team of the Online School “Sava” from Belgrade, which our Church School will cooperate with in the future.
For all questions and concerns regarding the church school, please feel free to contact me by email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 347 572 8548.
I genuinely look forward to our meeting and gathering and future joint learning and progress in living the Orthodox faith and preserving our Serbian cultural heritage, all to the glory of God, the benefit of the Church, and the joy of all of us – children of Saint Sava!
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Milan Dragovic
CHURCH SCHOOL PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION
Religious education and Serbian tradition and culture
- Religious education classes and classes of Serbian tradition and culture will be available to all children up to the age of 18, regardless of whether they are baptized or not, without mandatory financial compensation and regardless of whether they participate in the Serbian language program or not (donations for material used in classes are welcome).
- Religious education classes will be organized for young adults and adults according to a separate program and model (expect notification soon)
- Depending on the number of groups and available space, one class of religious education and one hour of Serbian tradition & culture will be held in person for an individual group every or every other week after the Divine Liturgy in the Greek Church of St. Eleftherios (359 W 24th Street, New York, NY 1001). The classes will begin approximately at 11:45 AM.
- The regular Religious education classes and Serbian tradition & culture will start on Sunday, October 31st, 2021.
Serbian language classes
- People of all ages (children, young adults, adults, and elderly) are invited to Serbian language classes, regardless of whether they are baptized in the Orthodox Church or not, but only those who live in the territory of Saint Sava Parish (New York, Long Island, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Astoria, Northern of New York).
- Serbian language classes will take place via Zoom three times per week for 45 minutes, adding one “digital” class.
- Exclusively for our Parish, the price of the Serbian language program is $140 per month (the regular price is $197) for the first child. There is a discount of 25% for the second child, for the third 50%, for the fourth 75%, and for the fifth, the program is at no cost. Also, an additional discount is obtained for tuition payment in advance: for the tuition of 3 months, it is 5%, six months – 10%, and twelve months – 20%.
- The goal of our Parish and School “Sava” is that every child in our Parish gets the opportunity to learn Serbian language. Those whose children want to learn Serbian but cannot partially or fully pay the tuition are asked to contact Father Milan Dragović.
- Payment of tuition fees for Serbian language classes will be made directly to the Sava School. You will receive instructions for payment after registering for the classes and determining the teaching group.
- Find out more about the Serbian language teaching program at https://savaedu.com/en/home-2/ as in the letter of the “Sava” School sent to the parents and children of our Parish (Letter of the School “Sava”)
- The beginning of Serbian language classes is expected on Monday, October 25th, 2021.
- Before starting Serbian language classes, a Zoom meeting with all parents is planned, and at the personal request of the parents, an individual appointment.
- Registration for attending Religious education, Serbian tradition & culture, and/or Serbian language classes should be done as soon as possible (preferably by Sunday, October 24th, 2021) in order to form groups and make a schedule as soon as possible.
- ❖ Registration and joining the Church School will be possible throughout the year.
- After the registration, you will be contacted by Fr. Milan Dragovic and the School “Sava” team.